Saturday, September 29, 2012

White Sock Test

Time for a poop post!

Who knew seeing these white socks would make me happy?












And yes, my little 'stang is pretty upright on those pasterns.

You see, Miss Luna has had brown dried poopy hind socks most of the summer. Her poops were cowpie (hence her nickname, "my little cowpie.")

I am not sure if her stomach is sensitive to certain hays (we feed an orchard grass, it is not overly rich.) I recently acquired some pasture grass that was not as good quality....and mixed it with the orchard. I am down to my last few bales and can not get anymore, but will have to feed what I can get this summer, possibly even timothy.

I have noticed in the last month as I pick out her pasture that Luna's poops are better piles and "pellet" like (is that what they call them apples?)

I also gave her a worming with Qwest Plus last month too, so perhaps this combined with a hay changed helped her system finally get on track!

Speaking of feet.....mister Howdy got himself in a bind a few weeks ago when he accidentally turned on his water spicket and flooded his corral.


As you can see he didn't have to stand in the water....but seemed to want to. At least we know he doesn't mind getting his feet wet!

And I had to share this one. Yes, there is a hole in the back of that shed and it needs to be patched! Silly yearling just loves to see what is on the other side.



Have a great weekend!

Ranch Girl

5 comments:

Paint Girl said...

Those socks are looking good! For a second there I thought you may have washed them. Rio has poopy socks too. The last couple days she has had some really runny poo.
Howdy's still being a trouble maker I see! But he is still adorable!

Laura said...

Yeah for white socks! I hope Luna is starting to adjust to her new life with good care. It must be hard on their digestive systems for the first few months...

That yearling looks like a real trouble-maker! lol Good thing he is cute... :-)

Crystal said...

Haha we had a shed with a hole like that and everyone looked through it, but only a few were brave enough to stick thier heads through.

Love the white socks, I find the easiest washing them is the snow in winter, lol.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Those are some bright white socks! Glad she is doing well. Howdy looks like quite the character

baystatebrumby said...

Putting his head in that hole is UPROARIOUSLY FUNNY! That just made my day!!! hahahahah! I am so not surprised though! And turning on the faucet!! If my own horse did that, she'd stand right in the water too! You have a most entertaining herd!!