Saturday, October 27, 2012

Howdy Halloween!

Hi friends! Holy cow where has time gone? So much has been happening! I will fill you in at a later date on ALL the details but a few major things are happening.

One, I am no longer making and selling jewelry! It was too time consuming to do the entire process from start to finish and as it wasn't my day job, it wasn't working. I am now a Stella & Dot independent stylist~ so I am still selling jewelry, I just don't have to make it!

In other news, I will be starting a new full-time job next week! I will no longer be in Education. Since I moved in with Ranch Boy I have been employed part time. This will be a reality check for me, working a 9-5. And in sales/retail, no less! I think it will be a good change for me.

I have had no riding time this fall. We had crazy wildfires which created poor air quality for nearly a month! That meant I didn't want to be outside, nor did I want to force my horses to work under those conditions. So they had a nice mellow fall. It was dry for around 5 months and now WHAM~ here are the rains! My ponies are wet and soggy!


The above photos of Luna were taken earlier in the month when it was still dry!

Here is a picture of the smoke and cloud formations from what they call the Table Mountain Fire (ignited by a huge lightning storm.)


My ponies are pasture mates now and seem to enjoy the company.....they meet me at the gate every morning for fresh apples off the tree! I try to groom them while they are eating breakfast if I get the chance....Luna loves it and even the normally wary My Boy (can't let me get too close- I might try to catch him!) has come over for some brushing once he realizes he's a bit jealous and I'm going to let him eat.

I hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween!!

Ranch Girl

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Good to hear My Boy is getting closer with Luna around :) She sure is looking good too! Sounds like an exciting time for you but will be hard to go back to work full time i think.

C-ingspots said...

Good to hear from you! Sounds like there are several changes going on in your life...my grandma used to always say that "the only constant in life is change". Very true...it's a process. Enjoy your new adventures! Good grief - I can totally relate to the rain...we were very dry for so long, and then wham!! Summer's so over!! *sigh* Was hoping for cool, brisk fall temps and bright sunshine for a while longer... what'ya gonna do?

Desert Rose said...

Good luck on your new adventures!!!
I am heading to the desert via "cousin caravan" friday morning! We will arrive sometime on Sunday!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! Luna is a gorgeaus horse.

All the best,
Maria

baystatebrumby said...

You live in a beautiful and dramatic part of the country! I am so thankful that those wildfires did not threaten you and your land and horses. That Luna sure is photogenic! What a pretty lady!
Good luck in your new job--at least it is retail that is 9-5 so you don't have to work at night, or on weekends! It's always refreshing to shake things up and do new stuff for a while. You can always go back from where you came if you feel like it. As long as you still get trail time!!