Friday, April 18, 2014

pedicure day and decisions


Sorry for the gap in postings. ...I was doing SOOOOO well there for a while!

I postponed my saddle fitting. It's complicated, but I will do a future post about it.

Regardless, the ponies needed a pedicure. Luna was awful. Luckily my farrier is patient with her. This time he worked her in circles on the line when she was bad, yielding and working on respect. He also had me not hold her. I thought this was great because I think I get worked up and embarrassed when she gets bad, and that energy probably trickles right down the lead rope to her! By the end of the session she was standing quite nicely and relaxed while having that last hoof done.


I know it will take time and more consistent handling of her hooves to get better. I have no excuses but in her defense she got a late start being she was BLM and didn't have her hooves handled until adopted at age 1.


In other news I started a new adventure. I am making baby clothing and vintage up-cycled treasures for nurseries, etc. And a few fun things for mommas! Check out my new Facebook page. I don't have enough likes yet to link you to it but if you search it is called "the pipsqueak boutique" and has a chalkboard photo in the header that says "you are my sunshine." Here is a photo of some of the cute Western onesies I appliquéd.  They are $12 each with free shipping right now. These are new onesies, pre-washed, and Carters or Gerber brand.  I am only selling through PayPal invoices right now until I decide if I want to open an Etsy shop again.


It's been great using my creative side again I've really missed it!

Hope to make a goal of posting once a week. Thanks for sticking with me!!

Ranch Girl

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are super cute onesies!

I never realized before what a tank your mare is....ufta! :-)

Achieve1dream said...

Those onesies are adorable!! You did a great job with them.

I'm glad Luna settled and figured it out. When Chrome was younger he had to have the "move your feet, yield your haunches" discussion a couple of times with my farrier. He's great now!!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

such cute little goodies! I think you are right, we all do get upset and embarrassed when our horse are silly for the farrier, and it make sit all so much worse, Glad you have a good patient one