Wednesday, November 30, 2011

And The Countdown Begins

Howdy friends! Sorry I haven't posted.....I've been very busy making jewelry for my upcoming events. After next week things will slow down and I can attack Christmas shopping!

{Necklace in my Etsy shop.}

Thank you for the nice comments on the turkey photos! I have a funny story to tell you. The other morning as I was putting on my face, I swear I heard the crunch of footsteps on our back deck in the snow. It went away, then came back. Then the dog barked. I peeked out the window and saw two turkeys in our yard. Then I heard the footsteps again~ only I realized it was on our roof not the deck!!!! There was a turkey up there!  And I thought Santa had showed up a little early.......

Lately I've seen many turkeys and deer in our yard. They are after those apples from the apple tree!


 I haven't done much with my ponies this past week other than feed them. I love to pet them while they are eating. They are enjoying the lazy winter days of being horses. The pasture is holding up well through the mix of weather which has been a little bit of everything! It's icy in spots but they still have plenty of snowy places that aren't slippery and so far not much mud! I can't say so much for us humans. I took a fall in our driveway. The snow's daily thaw and refreeze has formed a nice pack of solid ice. Down I went! Luckily I managed to escape with nothing but a bruised palm, although the foot that My Boy stepped on last summer is aching again so I might have done something to that.

Miss Lizzy wanted to say good morning! She has a pink nose. But it started out black when she was a pup. Does anyone know why dog noses change colors?


Ms. Scooter does not like to be left out! You can not pet Lizzy without Scooter coming up and sticking her head under your arm and wiggling her way in. She's a bit jealous at times. I just love her amber eyes, sometimes it's eerie I think she is reading my mind!!


Here is fuzzy Howdy pony pants. I need to pick out his eye goobers! He has outgrown his foal halter. He is turning into such a little man. I do worry he isn't going to be very big. But I guess that is okay, there are plenty of uses for smaller horses on the ranch, they are perfect for kids. His momma is only about 14 hands.


Have a great week everyone!!

Ranch Girl

7 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

If you are feeding Lizzie in a plastic dish that may be why she has lost pigment . No idea of the actual science ,just that Wesites, samoyeds etc (white dogs with black noses ) are better fed in a glass or matal bowl . Sorry to read you had a wipeout , those suck!

Crystal said...

My mom had a mini american eskimo and its nose went pink we always thought it was from digging so much with his nose, but who knows. Howdy is pretty cute!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Look at those adoring eyes. My heeler stares at me too and I swear he is reading my mind. My black dog just flops down and wants his belly rubbed. LOL

Photos in your last post are g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s!!

Cousin B said...

Wow, sorry you took a fall! Your place looks beautiful and I'll bet Riley is happy not to be in mud this winter!
Howdy is getting soooo cute! Good luck on your upcoming shows! Hugs cousin!

Misty DawnS said...

I found your blog through Susan (Oz Girl), and I'm glad I did, because now I'm a follower :-) I must say I'm partial to Scooter, as I have three Border Collies at home who own my heart :-) From one country girl to another, your photography and Etsy shop are great, and so is your blog :-)

Tara said...

I want some snow. It's been so cold here the last few days, highs in the low 30's and I told the Man Cub is shouldn't be that cold unless it brings snow with it. He agreed. Then he asked if he could throw a snowball at my face. Little Monster.

Longmont Mirrors said...

This was greatt to read