Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Flying Solo

This was my Monday morning view.


I do think My Boy has become needy in the past few days. He stands by the gate more often now. He looks at me earnestly every time I walk out of the house, and to the fence. I was out scooping poop today and he was following me around. Not like he really wants me  to rub him (if I turn my back to him he will sniff and "love" on me in his own way.)

It's like he's wondering if I am going to bring Loretta back.

I feel bad for him. Sure, he has a variety of horses next door, but he can't physically visit with them over the fence. I know horses do get attached to their herd mates. I was happy that after flying solo for about 4 years, he was finally able to have a buddy to "horse around" with while in the pasture.

I'm not going to give up hope that he'll have another buddy again some day.........


Ranch Girl

4 comments:

cdncowgirl said...

I'm sure he will... things have a way of happening how they're supposed to.

(it just hit me that you used his actual name in the previous post!)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I am sure he will, and in the mean time I am betting he appreciates all the love and time you have for him

Paint Girl said...

What a beautiful view!!
Makes me sad that he seems so lonely....and you never know what the future may bring!

Desert Rose said...

Maybe you could get him a donkey or goat to keep him company ??? Now that he has had a friend...he will keep hoping he gets another. Horses are herd bound...