Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Flying Solo

This was my Monday morning view.


I do think My Boy has become needy in the past few days. He stands by the gate more often now. He looks at me earnestly every time I walk out of the house, and to the fence. I was out scooping poop today and he was following me around. Not like he really wants me  to rub him (if I turn my back to him he will sniff and "love" on me in his own way.)

It's like he's wondering if I am going to bring Loretta back.

I feel bad for him. Sure, he has a variety of horses next door, but he can't physically visit with them over the fence. I know horses do get attached to their herd mates. I was happy that after flying solo for about 4 years, he was finally able to have a buddy to "horse around" with while in the pasture.

I'm not going to give up hope that he'll have another buddy again some day.........


Ranch Girl

5 comments:

cdncowgirl said...

I'm sure he will... things have a way of happening how they're supposed to.

(it just hit me that you used his actual name in the previous post!)

fernvalley01 said...

I am sure he will, and in the mean time I am betting he appreciates all the love and time you have for him

Paint Girl said...

What a beautiful view!!
Makes me sad that he seems so lonely....and you never know what the future may bring!

Becca said...

You are invited to follow my blog here is the link to it http://ahorseofcourseandrabbitstoo.blogspot.com/

Desert Rose said...

Maybe you could get him a donkey or goat to keep him company ??? Now that he has had a friend...he will keep hoping he gets another. Horses are herd bound...